On Sunday 14th July 2019 we will be attempting to break a World Record for the longest 11-a-side football match. The game will kick off at 6pm and end 169 hours later on Sunday 21st July 2019.
Below you will find a list of requirements for you to apply to participate in this World Record Attempt. In order for us to consider your application it is important you read and understand these. By submitting this application you are agreeing to these requirements and our charity terms & conditions, a copy of which can be forwarded on request.
- This is an official Guinness World Record (GWR) Attempt and as such the rules of the World Record must be adhered to at all times. Should you wish to receive these rules and regulations a copy can be given to you.
- Once the record attempt begins you will be expected to be in attendance at the venue for the entire event. In case of an emergency or injury that requires hospital treatment you must confirm to a trustee that you are leaving and seek permission before doing so.
- 5 minute toilet breaks are permitted during the attempt along with “official rest breaks” that are explained below. Whilst not on the pitch you may eat, drink and sleep in designated areas within the dome – a timetable will be devised by Kicking Off Against Cancer (KOAC) to try and ensure all players get suitable sleep.
- Official rest breaks are built up by all participants as a group. They equate to 5 minutes for every full one hour that is played. This will be done in 12 hour shifts – this means for every 12 hours played, all players will get a 1 hour break to have a shower and rest.
- All participants will be asked to raise at least £200 sponsorship as part of the record attempt
- KOAC will be the named World Record Holders should the attempt be successful. As a participant you will be entitled to a Participant World Record Certificate – extra costs may apply in line with GWR’s costs.
- KOAC will provide two kits to all players comprising of top, shorts and socks. One kit will be taken away to be washed while the other is worn. Sleeping apparel, spare clothes, towels, boots and shin pads are to be provided by yourself. You will be given one kit at the end of the attempt, the other remains the property of KOAC.
- Volunteers will be on hand throughout to get food, drinks or anything else on request for players from local establishments and otherwise help as much as possible. However, costs for these will be down to the individual player.
- No player may join in the World Record once it has begun.
- In the unlikely event that one team drops below 7 players the game will be stopped and the attempt null and void.
- The attempt will be undertaken inline with the official rules of Association Football, please familiarise yourself with these.
- We can only accept a maximum of 38 players for the attempt, once these spaces are filled entrants will be placed on the reserve list and maybe asked to play at short notice.