Terms and conditions
The terms ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Kicking Off Against Cancer. The term ‘you’ refers to yourself as the user our website.
Use of kickingoffagainstcancer.org is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
All website content is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice or approval.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain, from time to time, some minor inaccuracies or errors and we will not accept any liability for any such inaccuracies or errors that have caused any inconvenience to the end user. However any inaccuracies will be corrected at our earliest convenience if pointed out to us.
Use of any information or content contained on this website is done so entirely at your own risk. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements and we will not be liable for this.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, logo, look, appearance and images. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Careful effort has been made to ensure that any content on this website that does not belong to us has been used with prior permission or the appropriate credits have been given.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
This website will also include links to external websites. These links are provided for your convenience and we have no responsibility for the content of the external links.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The running of the charity is subject to the Governing document. A copy of which can be obtained by writing to us.
By donating to Kicking Off Against Cancer, you agree that your donation will be used in any way fit by the charity trustees in order to help support good causes, and/or the running of the Charity itself
All donations are collected by Kicking Off Against Cancer (Charity no. 1174092).
Online donations are subject to a deduction of the fees of the payment gateway, meaning that less than 100% of online donations can be used by the charity.
More information on this can be received by getting in touch with us in writing.
Single donations will be one off payments. No further payments will be taken from you if this option is selected.
Monthly recurring donations shall be as stated. They will be taken on or as near as possible the same day of the month as the initial donation. Until you notify us that this should no longer be the case.
All requests for refunds of donations should be made by the donor to email@example.com. Refunds are made in accordance with the UK Charities Act 2011 and the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice. Refund requests must be made within 7 days of the donation being made.
We endeavour to provide an update on our good causes on a regular basis, providing an honest and transparent view of how the charity is helping and making a difference in the community.
We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions as and when is necessary. Any relevant updates will be communicated via this page so it should be checked regularly.
These Auction Terms & Conditions are in place to govern any bids placed as part of an auction run by Kicking Off Against Cancer (KOAC). By placing a bid and participating in the auction, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Applications for funding (apply to make memories)
- Whilst every effort is made to meet your requirements, we cannot guarantee, should you be successful in your application, that we will can meet all scenarios. Alternatives may be offered.
- If school term times are requested, then Kicking Off Against Cancer (KOAC hereafter) strongly advise that you seek permission from the school. KOAC will not be held responsible for any repercussions from a child missing school.
- In the instance that the event has been booked and you cannot attend, KOAC do not guarantee that a date can be moved or re-booked, in this case we will review the scenario surrounding the postponement.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation arising due to a third party company chosen by us, we may seek compensation from that company to recoup any of our funds spent. However, we cannot be held responsible for any monies spent by the applicant.
- Upon a successful application KOAC do not agree to pay the applicant any monies directly, unless confirmed in writing. All transactions will be organised between KOAC and the venue or vendor.
- The charity do not accept any liability for any injury sustained during your event, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that appropriate insurances are in place for the activity.
- The event will be organised by the charity for the persons outlined in this application, any change in attendees must be accepted in writing by KOAC at least 1 week prior to the event.
- The budget for the event will be set by the board of trustees, based on the application and our best judgement. If successful, you will receive confirmation of what KOAC will pay for, all costs outside of this are the responsibility of the applicant. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are not putting themselves under financial pressure by participating in the event.
- The charity cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any financial losses suffered by the applicant whilst participating in the event.
- The charity reserves the right to not enter into communication, be it verbal or written should it decide against an application, other than to notify the applicant that it has not been successful.
- Only one application will be considered per household.
- KOAC reserve the right to question the applicant on the information provided, and request further detail from the person endorsing the application. Any applications found to be fraudulent will result in the details being passed to the appropriate authorities.